Quick Update

4 Feb

I’m in a “bar” in Elefante, in the Lemon Cays.  Actually, I’m at a grass hut that happens to have a shaky internet connection and a very large stereo.  I had planned on a second post about the trip with Bredio up the river, but the internet is just too unreliable to post pictures and information of any size.  It took me forty five minutes just to check my email.  I didn’t want to leave anyone hanging though, so a quick update.

We are in Lemon Cays, headed to Porvenir this afternoon to tuck up in the mangroves so we can paint the hull of the ship.  Our next set of guests arrive Monday in Carti.  We will be leaving the San Blas on the 20th, bound for Portobelo.  I am told that that is a proper city, so I should have proper internet there.  I will be doing a bunch of diving, as well as uploading anything and everything I have to bring you guys up to speed.  The departure from San Blas will bring the slow return home…first Portobelo, then Isla Providencia and finally Guanaja before heading back to the states.  Panama, Columbia then Honduras.

In the meantime, I am short a camera.  My GoPro fried my microSD, which a quick internet search revealed to be a common problem.  I am hoping to pick up another card in Panama City…Laura is headed in Friday.  I am not sure if I am going…if I do, I’ll update the blog then.  If I don’t then I’ll send some money for a card with whoever does go in.

Greg’s getting ancy.  Time to get back to work.  We met some cool people on Drummer and One World.  I’ll be spending my nights typing up blogs and saving them locally, in anticipation of posting them at the first opportunity.  Sorry for the brevity.  Time to roll.

- CC

About these ads

6 Responses to “Quick Update”

1. Mom February 4, 2014 at 15:11 #

I’m jealous.
    Love you honey.

• Jim Miller February 4, 2014 at 23:38 #

Glad you guys are having a good trip. Have started getting numbers together for moving the boat to Bocas. I was hooked when I got there. I think I will stay in Bocas Del Toro rather then Red Frog. The weather sucks here, stay as long as you can and say hello to everyone.
      Jim & Cappy

• Clownshoes February 10, 2014 at 08:25 #

Glad you are making the move! Sounds pretty awesome. Everyone says hello, and we are hoping you will join us for a return leg.

• Clownshoes February 10, 2014 at 08:28 #

Wait ’til you see the pics and vids! Love you too Mom

2. Sarah February 4, 2014 at 14:30 #

Glad to see your blog today. I’ve really enjoyed the “trip” so far! My best to all. See you when you get back to Hampton Roads! Meanwhile, keep the blog going!!

• Clownshoes February 10, 2014 at 08:33 #

Glad you are enjoying! I have awesome pics and vids to post once I get a better internet connection.